So...it was time to clean my purse out. I haven't done this in a while. Pretty sure it's been at least 4 months. It's telling what I carry around on my back. :) It's similar to life ~ some of the things we carry aren't even necessary, some are essential and we don't even know we have them, some are for fun, some for when we have a moment and some are multiples of the one thing we might need...let me show you what was in my bag:

  • Bible - need this ALWAYS
  • Reading glasses - things are gettting smaller
  • Granola bar from Thanksgiving when my husband took my pack (I carry a backpack) on a hike :)
  • I CD my kids forgot to return to the library
  • 4 hand lotions - 1 empty...don't ask
  • Lots, lots, lots of trash
  • Coupons - which I'm horrible at remembering I have
  • My journal - I'm not good at journaling so it's actually for notes
  • The Church Can Change the World, by Siebert...because I believe Christ through the church can do just that :)
  • Make up - need I say more
  • Feminine products...I've been pregnant for 17 weeks - go figure?!
  • Paint chips - I live in a 90 year old fixer upper
  • 2 bottles of TUMS - I'm pregnant
  • My wallet
  • Loose change
  • MY CHECK CARD!!!! Which has been "lost" for a LONG time
  • More trash
  • 2 Allen wrentches - because you just never know
  • 2 hand warmers
  • 2 sets of toddler mittens
  • 1 bag of sweet pecans from dear Katie
  • Hairbrush
  • Set of toddler hairbows
  • An old, broken clothesline clip


And I think that's it! :)

It's telling and it's a picture of my life right now. It's time to reevaluate the bare necessities and to see what really matters. Because as my belly grows with life and my life grows with life I need to lighten my load to what is essential and life giving for me.

It's really kind of like Jesus said, "Consider the lilies..." that's what I'm doing...considering the lilies. :)

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That list made me laugh! It reflects a very, very busy mama, and a loving, prepared godly woman.
    Here's to lightening your load!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts