Making Bread

I'm not sure why, but something in me is wanting to become an artisan of wheat - of all kinds. Why these desires sweep over me I do not know, but they do. From gardening, to raising animals for food to making my own furnitute...hmmmmm...what does this say about me? And to make it more complicated, I love living in my urban neighborhood - love the diversity of people on my street and the sense of community.

I think there's a flurry of questions at the end of my 30's that I'm asking about myself - who am I, anyway - in detail? The bigger questions have been answered over the last 10'ish year, but the smaller "accessories" are being tried on, taken off and I find I'm reaching for another to see if it's my style.

I'm comfortable with my graying hair - I'm actually liking it for now. I like my wrinkles, my height (for once:), I'm getting there on my personality type and my passions are pretty cemented too. But it's the smaller things I want to discover about me that are interesting to me.

Can I make bread that is more like art work? Can I supply the vegetables my family needs from my land? Will I be able to make something that my great grandchildren might want to store their plates and cups in one day?

Just irrelevant things like this playing in my head - they're not going to rescue those in prison or restore the broken, but they may bring delight to my Creator? He loves that I asked these questions and I think that He loves it when I try to mimic Him in the creative department, as well.

Off to look at bread recipes. :)

Comments

  1. I kind of think it is like opening up, or awakening, more authenticity in who you are. It always surprises me when I discover an interest that I hadn't realized before.
    I think some interests been dormant because of hurt/fear, some are dormant because of time restraints/other priorities, and some are dormant because our capacity has stagnated at an incomplete level.
    So if that theory is correct, you capacity is expanding, even if you feel like your responsibilities are increasing. That is an uncomfortable place to be - kind of like an expanding pregnancy tummy!
    I like the use of the word "accessory", by the way.
    And an early Happy Birthday to you! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts