Ancient Pathways

Sometimes you can be surrounded by people and feel completely alone. I call it "feeling fragile". It's that place where you long for someone to stop and take note that you're a spirit being, a person who is transfixed in a broken world; but knowing all the while you were created for a garden of Fellowship. That's how I found myself this morning.

It's interesting where you'll turn to find comfort. All the regular filling places seem pastel rather than vibrant. The usual connections seem weak. And so the drifting along, hoping someone will reach out, through the course of the day continues.

Over the years I've learned that not too far into this feeling of 'alone' lies solution. Like a memory of something you did as a child coming into focus or maybe a fleeting idea you're trying to remember ~ it's there, it'll come back...

And it does.

The disciplines of knowing All Things Good and making hard choices over the years returns reward at these junctures of need. The timse spent with Him at the head of each day shows it's value and worth as my eyes search like a little girl to find her Father's pleasure in her.

So this morning the pages of Mark flip through my mind as I reach for Him to tell me who I am, what I'm worth to Him, asking if any of what I'm doing matters?

Throughout the chapters of Mark Jesus calls his disciples to come away with him - to rest, to be, to hear the deeper meanings of the parables he taught the crowds. This is where I find Him ~ waiting. Cooking a meal over the fire, my favorite, and smiling because I chose Him over the numbing otherness of the distractions available.

I leave the respite full ~ in every way. And above all, knowing I'm never alone. Ever.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

Popular Posts